Question about diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWerner13

Aquarium Advice Freak
When a diffuser says for a 55 gallon or something like that. Does that mean I shouldn't use it for my 10 gallon? is it to efficient?

I assume we are talking about ceramic/glass co2 diffusers...

It will work for any tank. The deal is, it is bigger, so takes up more space. No need for a 2" diffusor in a 10G when a nano diffuser will work.

The larger diffusers though supposedly won't work on a DIY system, while the nano ones will. Never tested it myself though.

I got ya I was just reading a couple rated for 55 gallons and what not. And it doesn't make sense that they would work the idea is the same either way.

It might take up a lot of physical room in the tank, or maybe in the case of a vortex diffuser, it might need a higher water flow than you'd like in a small tank.

In my 10 gallon tanks, I use limewood airstones. They need to be replaced every few months, but they are cheap.

Perfect! I think the 3 pack is the way to go for me. I'm getting paid tomorrow and I plan on ordering that. A drop checker. and All my ferts that I need. I should be good to go for quite a while I also think I am going to order some dwarf hair grass and see if I can get that going strong before I attempt hc. as always thanks for the help fort

I broke one of those in my hand :shock: I wasn't even squeezing it, so that's why I use the limewood. Be very careful if you use these.

is limewood a specific kind of diffuser or the kind of the standard airstone?

It is a kind of airstone. You can pick them up at most LFS. They are cheap and probably just as effective. The acidic properties of CO2 wear them out quick, but other than that they are a perfectly good option. The reason I went with the glass diffuser is just because I was trying to setup my ADA tank as "fancy" as possible. I like the clear/all glass look of everything in it.

Thats what I was going for. I'm using my 10 gallon tank as a guinea pig to understand everything and then later i'm going to get a rimless tank.

Back
Top Bottom