Question about Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ssky

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
I am setting a new 46 gallon fowlr tank. Got 50 lbs of lr, 20 lbs of live sand. I have a question about lighting. There is a petsmart near me closing down and they have everything 50% off. They still have some T5 LEDs but they are marked for reptiles. Are these different lights or can I use it on my tank (of course I will check the fitment)?

Thanks

Well that depends. A fish only tank can have anything above it for lighting for the most part. If this is a reptile light is think it was a heat lamp as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It doesn't look like so. It is just a plastic hood with two florescent tubes in it. but it said they were t5 HO. Do you think I can use them for a fish with live rock tank. I may want to put some real easy corals. Absolutely NOT planning for a reef tank.

Thanks

If you are putting in easy corals, you are making a reef tank. I would not try a reptile light over an aquarium for fear it is a heat lamp. You can basically use any light you want for a FOWLR tank to get the look you want.

Ok. Thank you so much. Now I can rest easy. No more confusions. :)

Back
Top Bottom