QUESTION' how to dose fenbendazole in freshwater aquarium planaria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

etyrnal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
AQUARIUM PEST QUESTION:

so if I have fenbendazole (safe-guard[emoji769] 22.2% 222mg/g) for treating a 55g freshwater aquarium for PLANARIA worms/parasites....

how do I calculate the correct dose and method of treating? how often should I treat? for how long do I treat? do I do water changes in between treatments? what signs do I look for as far as effectiveness? what signs do I look for as far as potential problems caused.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wound up being able to get rid of it in a 55g freshwater tank by using ONE packet from the Safe-Guard™ package [4g?].

It got rid of them in ONE night with one treatment.

It did take out 100% of nerite snails tho.

I THOUGHT it took out all my neocardina shrimp, but after about a week or two they all came out of hiding.

Only casualties were 100% loss of the nerites (regular and thorny).

Devil's spike snail survived.

Not sure about the mystery snails since those were the first thig the planaria attacked. I had 4 very large mystery snails and the planaria invaded inside their shells and basically chased the mystery snails out of their shells and the mysteries died. So i do NOT know if the mysteries would have survived or not.

It's been several water changes since then. Everyone and everything else seems to have survived fine.

The recommended dose i was told to try was 5.5g, and i only wound up using one 4g packet. One time.

ALL of these guys survived except the nerites and mysteries tho:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Xuv4XM-DABisz83CSvf/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Back
Top Bottom