Question on Cinnamon Clownfish*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55gal. 260Watt CoralLife Power Compact, 3 1W Lunar Lights, Live sand 4in DSB, 75lbs. Live Rock, 2 Cinnamon Clownfish, Firefish, Magenta Dottyback, snails, crabs, Feather Duster, Sabae Purple Tipped Anenome, 1 White Leather Coral, Red Sun polyp, assorted polyps, 2 Assorted Color Plate Corals, Pipe Organ, Frogspawn, Fox Coral, Flat Brain, Finger Leather, Mushrooms, Green Star Polyps, 2 8" Maxima Clams, Wet/Dry filter, Protein Skimmer, Heater
The Cinnamons are fairly large and wanted to add Black Percula Clowns. I heard that adding clowns to clowns they will fight. How true is this? My friend has 2 Cinnamon Clownfish he bought yesterday and today he purchased 2 yelloe clownfish no one is eaten up yet.

His haven't had time to pair up yet or set up territories. They are all still probably non-sexed or all males. When the females morph and each set becomes a pair then the territory problems will start if they are going to. Hopefully they can establish at either end of the tank and maybe will have enough room to feel safe. I too am wondering about this same thing, but I only want to add one maroon clown to a 90g with a mated pair of occellaris clowns. I will tag along on this post to see other peoples opinions.

Cinnamon clowns are usually extremely nasty to other clown species, especially adult mated pairs. Do not add any other clowns to your tank, it won't survive the night.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom