Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 10g tank. I ordered a new hood, 2 maxi jet power heads for current. I have a HOB filter with no cartridges for extra current.

I still need a saltwater test kit, substrate, and live rock which I can get today.

My question is should I start it this week?

I'm going to be gone for 4 days over Thanksgiving and 11 over Christmas with no one to monitor the tank. Can I start the live rock in the tank or will chemicals during the time I'm gone have a negative affect? My hope is that I can start it now and add fish after New Years will a fully cycled tanked

Also I plan on having two fish (most likely clownfish) I heard some people have success with 3 and I can watch the tank 6 days a week so thoughts on stocking options?

I keep seeing your posts on your new nano..... hope this is helpful:
thecycle
I too am new and came across this while researching :) Enjoy!

So I have a 10g tank. I ordered a new hood, 2 maxi jet power heads for current. I have a HOB filter with no cartridges for extra current.

I still need a saltwater test kit, substrate, and live rock which I can get today.

My question is should I start it this week?

I'm going to be gone for 4 days over Thanksgiving and 11 over Christmas with no one to monitor the tank. Can I start the live rock in the tank or will chemicals during the time I'm gone have a negative affect? My hope is that I can start it now and add fish after New Years will a fully cycled tanked

If you can get the substrate and live rock I'd start it up and let it cycle. You will need to top off evaporation with fresh water but the cycle should take a while. For fish wise, 3 clowns will not work. You will have a pair form and they will destroy the loner. 2 clowns is a little much for a 10g IMO, I'd go with a goby and one other small fish.

Ok, I just didn't wanted some thing to stall while I was away. And just to clarify I was wanting a pair of clownfish and additional fish. How many royal gammas could I do?

So I got my power heads today (Marineland Maxi jet 400 and 600) do I need them in a 10g nano tank? I've read I do and I've read that my HOB filter will do fine. I know the flow is what I read to use but they seem so big for such a small tank. I'd rather return them and get my money back if I don't need them for a FOWLR setup

Back
Top Bottom