Questions galore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1) How do I grow java moss? I am getting some in a few days, and in would like to know how to grow it!? I have some plastic canvas I plan to grow them on for easier maintenance and placement.

2) Would this work well for hiding spots with fry?

3) How do I get a breeding pair of Bolivian rams??! (I don't want them to fight!)

4) Would a Betta fight with cherry shrimp?

Sorry for the random questions, I am cycling my 45, and getting a 5 gal nano soon!

Thanks!!

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

1) How do I grow java moss? I am getting some in a few days, and in would like to know how to grow it!? I have some plastic canvas I plan to grow them on for easier maintenance and placement.

2) Would this work well for hiding spots with fry?

3) How do I get a breeding pair of Bolivian rams??! (I don't want them to fight!)

4) Would a Betta fight with cherry shrimp?

Cycling 45 Gallon. ������

1. Glue java moss on objects with cyanocrylates based glue like super glue, krazy glue, etc... Gel cyanocrylate version is the best for java moss IMO, liquid version is too liquid and make mess. You don't have to wait glue is dry before you put it in the tank.

2. Yes, some of my fishs laid eggs on it.

3. Don't know, but I know you need a male and a female.

4. Betta will eat cherry.

Java moss is water column feeder, so need some nitrates and phosphates, and they require moderate light to grow.

You mean does shrimps fit with apple snails ? I don't see why they would'nt...

Not sure for betta/apple snails, as betta tend to be agressive and try to eat everything...

My Betta is just fine with his nickel sized wild mystery snail. Tip, add the snail first if possible, this help the betta think the snail more of a moving decoration lol.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just put my java moss in and tied it with thread around a rock. it grew and attached to the decorations. it really likes the natural light i have coming in my window and tank light helps it too.
rams- I just added a girl to my boy yesterday and he seems to really like her. :) you won't know until you try - just make sure you have a boy and a girl and then cross your fingers.
Fry - if you have mollies - they tend to hang out at the top of the tank (so your moss probably wont' help you alot there, but if you have platies they seems to really like the moss - they hang out at the bottom of the tank - at least this is how mine have always behaved
Betta and shrimp and snails - i have added nerite snails to my betta tank and all was great. can't tell you about the shrimp - I never mixed those two together

Bolivian ram pair- the male may chase the female but this is normal, just keep an eye on them in case he bites her. After a while they'll most likely warm up to each other and will eventually mate:)

Bolivian ram pair- the male may chase the female but this is normal, just keep an eye on them in case he bites her. After a while they'll most likely warm up to each other and will eventually mate:)

Sweet! Lol I'm gonna ask my LFS for 1 male 1 female. The chiclid forums made it super hard and dangerous for the fish xP

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

Haha if u don't mind, post pics of the pair when you get them. I probably won't see for a while because I'm boarding a plane in a couple hours. :( Good luck tho!

Back
Top Bottom