Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any help much appreciated, for a friend:
1) easy, hardy, low light plants I can add to my current list of anubias, java moss, java fern, and wisteria?
2) 5 gallon tank has betta in it. Person wants to move either three khulis or two albino corys into it. My gut feeling is that's a big no, it'd be overstocked. I know bettas are usually fine with corys but not a clue about khulis, never had them.
3) Should I just try to upgrade them to a 10 gallon? Could a betta and a small school of albinos be okay in there??

I'm in a predicament... I bought them a five gallon thinking they just needed it for the betta, but it seems like for the stocking they want to do, a ten or bigger is better. I just spent all the money I have to spend on this 5 gallon. What do I do?

Anyone? I'm thinking I'll sell the 5 gallon for $30 to my friend who needs it for her betta, then give the other person the $30. If they can scrape together $15, whether from their own wallet or friends, there's a barely 10 gallon used tank for sale about an hour away for $45.
How many albino corydoras could I have in the 10 gallon with the betta? I know they need at least three, but upwards of five is best.

If you're in a pinch for money, and just need a hold over tank, Walmart sells 10 gallon bundles for $21.95.

Yes, I'm almost positive. Not sure if they could keep even low light plants alive, but it might be possible. It might come with a heater as well.

Okay, thanks! It is $29 here. I checked it out and it looks like there are lots of people saying it leaks... do you think it's worth trying, or should I just get the $45 one? At least that one has a lesser chance of leaking.

At my Walmart there's two brands. The Aqua pure? (I think) and the Tetra. The tetra one is a little more money, but that might be the one you found. Does the $45 come with any extras?

I'll have to look at that! Does that apply to tank kits, too? I hope they have some of those stores here in California LOL.

Craiglist....surprised how much tank you can find for the dollar. Just look at seals and fill it up.

I found one, practically new, with lights, filter, and cartridges on Craigslist for $45. Last tank was found on Craigslist as well. I think this is a pretty good deal. However, it's a long drive.
However, I also found a tank kit at Walmart for $30. This is exactly how much I'd sell the 5 gallon for, so I wouldn't have to get any extra money. It also looks like it will work quite well... My only concern is that many reviews say it leaks. It's cheaper and not as far away, so is it worth it to try and if it leaks take it back?

Okie dokie, I'll try that. If it leaks I'll just return it. Thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom