Quick couple of questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all

Since my tanks are fully cycled now... Is it safe to say that I don't have to check the nitrites and ammonia anymore just the nitrate and ph? And secondly, I have a light brown film on my glass on my. 36 gal... It looks like its only on the ends. How should I go about cleaning it... When I do a water change will It wipe off with a paper towel or should I get one of those magnetic scrubber things... It's not to bad, but I do t want it to get worse.
Thanks for the help in advance
Dan

Hey all

Since my tanks are fully cycled now... Is it safe to say that I don't have to check the nitrites and ammonia anymore just the nitrate and ph? And secondly, I have a light brown film on my glass on my. 36 gal... It looks like its only on the ends. How should I go about cleaning it... When I do a water change will It wipe off with a paper towel or should I get one of those magnetic scrubber things... It's not to bad, but I do t want it to get worse.
Dan

Posting some pics of this " brown film " will help a lot. I recommend the magnetic glass cleaners. They can help a lot. If I can tell what type of algae it is, I may be able to tell u what algae eater to get.

Ok thanks I attached a picture... It's more of a tint on the glass right now then anything the camera really doesn't pick it up... It looks like a film almost that covers the glass but for some reason it's only on the ends of my tank lol. I'll try to use my camera tomorrow and not my phone maybe that will pick It up.

Attachments

• image-3313082219.jpg
    image-3313082219.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 63
Hey all

Dan

I'd keep up with the tests on a weekly basis for a month after it's cycled and after that I'd only test if something changes or has gone wrong (i.e. Dead fish, fish acting strangely, adding medication etc).

Once your tank has been cycled for a few weeks, I'd continue testing weekly for a few months, especially when adding or removing fish/plants/filter media/driftwood etc.
whenever I have got complacent about my testing, I have lived to regret it, but at least one of my fish or shrimp hasn't :-(

Agreed with others, check for a little while more, then only when you add fish or have a fish die. The magnetic scrubbers work good, that would make it quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom