Quick id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Briant87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New to the hobby wondering what these hitchhikers were and if I should be happy I've got them or kill them. only two at the moment don't want them to take over

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Attachments

• image-1382843217.jpg
    image-1382843217.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 121
Those came into my last aquarium from some LR as well and soon they kind of took over their own side of the tank. They spread fast and got a good size bigger and were not that attractive. The guy at the LFS said I should kill them because they will sting what is around them and said I would not want any corals or anemones nearby. The funny this is, I just got some LR for my new tank today and One of those just appeared on a piece. I've been looking around for the best way to kill it. Maybe they are not what I'm thinking of but they looking very very close.

Oh I see MR. X just answered before me. Good to know, is their a chance my crab would eat it?

Peppermint Shrimp also east them HOWEVER....its a 50/50 chance that they will.

You can buy aiptasia x which is brilliant to get rid of the big ones.. A peppermint shrimp will eat the small ones.. Our tank was full of them just a few months ago now there's none.. Don't try pulling them out as they spread when scared..

lol..scared. they don't have brains. they do get stressed though. i think that's what nikki meant. funny though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom