Rainbow Cichlid Compatible Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry Little

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello--
It's been a while since I last posted anything; not sure if this should be in this discussion or the "Cichlids" discussion group. I have 5 Rainbow cichlids that after 6 months or so have suddenly torn the hell out of all of the plants in their tank. I know they're more herbivorous than most cichlids, but my Vallisneria has been absolutely mowed down to nothing. I'm looking for suggestions on plants they might stay away from either eating or tearing up.
Thanks.

Hello--
It's been a while since I last posted anything; not sure if this should be in this discussion or the "Cichlids" discussion group. I have 5 Rainbow cichlids that after 6 months or so have suddenly torn the hell out of all of the plants in their tank. I know they're more herbivorous than most cichlids, but my Vallisneria has been absolutely mowed down to nothing. I'm looking for suggestions on plants they might stay away from either eating or tearing up.
Thanks.
Unfortunately, plastic plants are about the only ones that are 100% safe from utter destruction. You are just trying to keep a fish that likes to eat plants so you nothing is really fully safe. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom