Rainbow shark? Looks like a hybrid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Remington

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I purchased this lovely fish as a rainbow shark. Doesn’t look like one to me . Extremely timid and a very good hider. Let me know what you guys think. IMG_0277.jpgIMG_0275.jpg

Females are broader and less dark than males. Light substrate can help make them want to blend in and stay lighter color too. Otherwise I do not know for sure.

Def looks like a rainbow shark to me! They grow fast so just be careful! Here is a video if it helps at all (did quick search on youtube)

I guess the way his body is more square than round is throwing me off. Also this guy is afraid of his own shadow and his whiskers are more pronounced than I have ever seen. Regardless of the imperfections of this fish I am still going to give it the best life I can. Thank you everyone for the input. This is a picture of his tank mate from the LPS. All my other rainbows have looked like this body shape wise. IMG_0284.jpg

I guess the way his body is more square than round is throwing me off. Also this guy is afraid of his own shadow and his whiskers are more pronounced than I have ever seen. Regardless of the imperfections of this fish I am still going to give it the best life I can. Thank you everyone for the input. This is a picture of his tank mate from the LPS. All my other rainbows have looked like this body shape wise. View attachment 314355

Maybe try and go back and get a couple more of them!

THANK YOU. This guy/ gal looks a lot more like those fish compared to rainbow shark. Now to find more....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom