Rams help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i have a 160l tank with
2x electric blue rams
2x bolivian rams
5x bristlenose
3x platies (1-2female)
4x clown loachs
2x rainbow tetra
7x neons. Was wonderin could i add another pair of balloon german blue ram if possible allso what else and how do you sex the rams that i have?

Definitely not you are already overstocked since clown loaches get 10 inches long and need a 125 gallon tank. Also do you mean 5 bristlenose plecos.

Clown loachs will be moved to bigger tank when bigger allso yes bristlenose plecs could i add one more of each ram?

No I wouldn't 5 BN plecos put in a ton of bioload those 5 alone add as much as everything you have in there minus the clown loaches. Before adding any rams you need more rainbow tetras.

I say no, you are already overstocked even without the clown loaches. Those plecos get 5-6" and poop a lot. That's a lot of bioload.

Im waiting till my lfs get those tetras in as i got the rainbow tetra with the tank 1 year ago and what should i change then /replace

Rehome a couple bristlenose plecos (at least 3). 6 rams in a 40 gallon tank is a lot. You may have fighting.

I was planing on keeping just 2 bn and allso when my clown loaches are about 5-6" i will sell or move them as tey are allready 2.5"

I would rehome 3 plecos as well keep 1 male and 1 female. Also try to move the clown loaches as soon as possible if you have a bigger tank for them. Add more rainbow tetras soon. Like 5 more. No more rams. I wouldn't use Aquadvisor it's really inaccurate IMO.

Okay will get onto rehoming some bn and probably my 2 rainbow tetra

If i get rid of my rainbow tetra clown loaches and all my bn then what should i get

I would keep at least 1 BN they are awesome fish great algae eaters and neat to watch. I would add a group of Cory's to I like the pandas the best I would add 8 and take a look at silver hatchet fish they are cool and no one ever has them I would add 6 of them.

Think im just going to keep my lemon possibly and thinking about adding another 10 neons and my lfs have balloon german blue rams

Lemon? Also I really wouldn't add more rams at all I feel like 3 pairs is to many. Another 10 neons sounds good though

Okay think im going to do that then thankyou :)

Allso can you sex bolivian and electric blue rams?

I really don't know. Sorry I'm sure someone else could just post the pics so someone else could do it.

Back
Top Bottom