Rams that dont like caves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaTony

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I just got my pair of rams today and I put them into my 20gal. In my 20gal there are 3 caves and some fake plants. Idk y but my rams won't go near my caves at all, they'll only stay by the fake plants or in the open shallow area

They are new and stressed. Give them some time to settle down and they will come around before too long.

severum mama said:
They are new and stressed. Give them some time to settle down and they will come around before too long.

I would've thought that they wouldve just hid in the cave and not come out but I guess not

They tend to prefer densely planted areas as opposed to rocks from what I've learnt with mine. They swim through and around my rocks but tend to hang out around plants and my marsh root.

Wilkes said:
They tend to prefer densely planted areas as opposed to rocks from what I've learnt with mine. They swim through and around my rocks but tend to hang out around plants and my marsh root.

They do the same with mine. All my caves are in the back and the plants are in the front and they only hang by the plants. I thought they loved caves

Like mentioned before just give them time they will settle in and make themselves at home

I believe rams prefer flat rocks over caves. Mainly because they spawn on them maybe. But I have noticed with my Germans and bolivians they would swim through the caves but stayed mostly on top of my rocks, and near the plants.

Back
Top Bottom