Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connor

Aquarium Advice Regular
I herd that dwarf cichlids are ok in a planted tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes they actually enjoy it. I don't think any fish besides African cichlids don't like plants. The only reason they don't is because they'll dig them up to shreds

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Rams do way better in planted tanks, i just rescaped mine and they're all bent out of shape over the reduction in plant mass, i feel pretty bad over it actually. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea the like to hide it seams

How are they with other fish

Pretty much good for a community need enough space atleast 20gal. Temperamental when breeding and may show aggression. Can be Agro towards angels and need to be careful with gouramis.

Rams are excellent with angels. Currently have 4 Bolivian Rams with 2 Angels, been together close to 2 years and the tank they are in is planted. They stay with their group.
Once you go into the blue Rams, they can be a little more aggressive towards each other but they never really bother other fish.

You can keep them in less than 20 gal. I would say a ten gal. Is the min. For 1 or 2 of them. Just have to make sure to keep the water params in check

You can keep them in less than 20 gal. I would say a ten gal. Is the min. For 1 or 2 of them. Just have to make sure to keep the water params in check

I wouldn't go less than a 15 unless you have a breeding pair and you know exactly what you're doing.. one ram in a 10 seems like a sad existence? ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom