Rate my lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
We all know that each lfs is different and all have different opinions. But i wanted to see what you guys think about a few things they have told me:

1. No chaeto, chemi pure, purigen, or mechanical filtration is nessisary in a biocube 29, only lr rubble.

2. Trace elements and calcium/magnesium dosing is only for people that don't do regular water changes and are "lazy".

3. No skimmer nessisary in a 29

What do you guys think?

I think all of those are true... and false. Blanket statements like that can't be accurate, as each tank is different depending on every factor imaginable.

We all know that each lfs is different and all have different opinions. But i wanted to see what you guys think about a few things they have told me:

1. No chaeto, chemi pure, purigen, or mechanical filtration is nessisary in a biocube 29, only lr rubble.

2. Trace elements and calcium/magnesium dosing is only for people that don't do regular water changes and are "lazy".

3. No skimmer nessisary in a 29

What do you guys think?

1. Depends what type of tank...ROWLR, reef, etc. I did add LR rubble, but I also still use the stock filter.

2. I would agree, unless you have a ridiculous amount of corals and/or inverts.

3. That depends on whether or not you are keeping up with your water changes.

(y) Sounds like your LFS gives better advice than mine lol

in a way they aren't really needed only live rock, but mechanical filtration is never a bad thing just need to keep it clean. and people have gotten by without chaeto although its a good algae that helps suck up organics.

i have a 26g and don't use a skimmer and my perameters are all 0 so it works once its all fulled established

Back
Top Bottom