Read below please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy_lover

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm thinking of getting a 10 gallon tank and want 3-4 albino Cory catfish And I was thinking what fish do fine with them and not too big so I don't overstock ( please say how much of the type of fish I would be able to put in the tank ) so write ?bellow?

So I'm thinking of getting a 10 gallon tank and want 3-4 albino Cory catfish And I was thinking what fish do fine with them and not too big so I don't overstock ( please say how much of the type of fish I would be able to put in the tank ) so write ?dc47bellow?dc47

I'm not sure, as I am not great at stocking small tanks. My tens only hold bettas. I think if you want fish other than the cories you will have to look into nano fish (very small fish) because if I remember correctly the albino cories can get to be a bit large as far as cories go. For a 10 gallin, one of the dwarf cory species may be more appropriate.

Btw, this is the invertebrates forum. I alerted the mods for you so they can move it to the right subforum so you might get more replies! Welcome to the forum, btw!

I'm not sure, as I am not great at stocking small tanks. My tens only hold bettas. I think if you want fish other than the cories you will have to look into nano fish (very small fish) because if I remember correctly the albino cories can get to be a bit large as far as cories go. For a 10 gallin, one of the dwarf cory species may be more appropriate.

Btw, this is the invertebrates forum. I alerted the mods for you so they can move it to the right subforum so you might get more replies! Welcome to the forum, btw!

Okay thank you

Albino cory's are indeed to large for a 10g tank. They may be small when young but they grow and it's their adult size you need to consider when choosing fish for such a small tank. Dwarf or Pygmy cory's are your best choice for such a small tank but you could get away with 3 Panda cory's.

As for other fish, nano fish are your best choice. There are many to choose from. Endler's are one of my favorite nano fish but there are many to choose from. Ember tetras, lambchop rasbora's, dwarf pencilfish, celestial pearl danios, are just a few that would work.

Albino cory's are indeed to large for a 10g tank. They may be small when young but they grow and it's their adult size you need to consider when choosing fish for such a small tank. Dwarf or Pygmy cory's are your best choice for such a small tank but you could get away with 3 Panda cory's.

As for other fish, nano fish are your best choice. There are many to choose from. Endler's are one of my favorite nano fish but there are many to choose from. Ember tetras, lambchop rasbora's, dwarf pencilfish, celestial pearl danios, are just a few that would work.
My 6 neon tetras get along great with my corys but this site is great lots of usefull information and these guys like Rivercats know there stuff
Wish i would have known about this site when i got my 10g :banghead: i currently got Male/Female Betta, 6 Neon Tetras, 3 Albino Corys and 3 Ghost Shrimp it says i am 125% overstocked now thank god to my Aquaclear 30 and weekly 30% water changes my level have been good till my 72g ends his cycling process then ill move them all over there

Back
Top Bottom