Real Men have Green Water that Pearls....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
:D
I just finished cleaning my Red-eared Sliders Home. He is vacationing in a large Semi-opaque Rubermade bin on my deck. he will return to his home at school in the fall. he has been having shell problems and i was told that natural light would do him well. well as we all know algae loves real light as well and after a bout a week in the sun, the turtle is looking and feeling better, and his water is pea green. while syphoning out the water i could swear it was pearling!!! 8O

Real sunlight does help...just make sure he has shade and a dry basking area, too.

Pearling algae? That would be scary. Your rubbermaid needs some live daphnia.

Toirtis said:
Real sunlight does help...just make sure he has shade and a dry basking area, too.

Pearling algae? That would be scary. Your rubbermaid needs some live daphnia.
oh yes he has a nice piece of slate to bask on and only gets about 3 hours of morning sun and is the shade the rest of the day.

getting him to leave the water and bask is another thing. I try to put in "dry-dock" for a couple of hours a day.

JDogg Glad to hear the turtle is feeling better. I'm sure he is happy he looks better too. Now he can show off again.

his water is pea green. while syphoning out the water i could swear it was pearling!!! hahahahahahahahaa

Back
Top Bottom