really high light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well yesterday the gf order a set of lights for my tank i didnt wanted the metal halide lights cuz that is really expensive plus i already had a set of 2x54w t5ho so she order a odyssea double t5ho, and so ill be running 4 t5ho over a 75 gallon , i dose excel, diy co2, ferts (seachem root tabs, seachem flourish,potassium) and ill be switching to dirt in january (about the 10th).

i have been running my lights for 10 hours daily with great result and little algae issues i know that ill have algae issues when i add the other 2 lights and i was thinking on running 2 of the 4 t5ho the regular amount of time and the other 2 turn them off either 2 hours earlier or turn them on 2 hours later

which one will be the better option???

or how long should i run the lights for???

i know that ill be needing pressurized co2 eventually and im still working in that at the moment.

also will that help bring the red in the plants that turn red or i should use iron for that too?????

You would be better off investing in pressurized CO2 rather than another fixture at this point. DIY CO2 is not even going to take the edge off of the algae in a 75, and constantly dosing excel in a tank that size will probably pay for the pressurized CO2 setup within a year-ish with a cheaper setup.

Also, dry ferts would save you a lot of money in the long run, especially if you make DIY root tabs a la the Jeta method.

Also, what are you trying to redden up?

ok i know where are you coming off from, i totally didnt put a dime for the lights, the gf got them for me as 6 month anniversary she got me by surprise she called ma sking for my info and then she showed up with the printed invoice of the lights,

yeah ive been looking into diy ferts do u know the link for jeta's diy method, and well i have been told that rotala indica can get red if u have the right lights nutrients etc, and since ill be converting into dirt my tank in about a month jan 10th to be exact so i want to have it all ready for then im still doing the sketching

Rotala indica.... I dunno, it never worked for me. I had it under T5HO with EI and CO2 and it grew horizontal, never up. It was never red, but when it did get some light, it was more of a yellowy-orange color.

There are better red rotalas. I have rotala indica 'singapore' and rotala macranda 'japan red' and those are very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom