Really want a ram.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I really want a ram and to be honest I don't really care if its a GBR, EBR, or gold ram. I just want to check and make sure to see if I'm able to get one with my current fish.

3 black tetras
3 lemon tetras
3 high 511 tetras( I think people call them something different)
2 Julii Cory
1 red tail shark
1 sunset DG
1 powder blue DG
1 kuhli loach
3 gold barbs

I really want some type of rams and want a pleco(not sure what kind yet) I know I really should up the amount of tetras I have and probably the loach as well. So do you think I could get a ram and a pleco and be fine? I have a 55 gal tank with the bio wheels.
Thank you for all your help

I'm not super good at stock levels but I agree that you should think about upping the levels if tetras and actually the gold barbs too they do best in groups of 5 or more. In addition I would keep an eye on that shark you have, red tails can become aggressive as they mature. I would really consider rehoming it. You have a pretty peaceful tank n he might disrupt that eventually. All that being said lol I don't see why u couldn't have a ram

Oh hold on I didn't read your stock list completely! Cories should be in groups if 5 or more same with Kuhli loaches. These are both types of fish that really need the company if their own kind.

Yeah my RTS is pretty young and I've noticed he liked to chase my gold barbs once in awhile(which aggravates me so much) but I really like him... I have a 15 gallon tank up running do you think I should put him in there or is that tank to small? But basically I should up my schools of fish and I could get a ram still?

Back
Top Bottom