Recomended mods for biocube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was wondering what all I need to do to my biocube to have it reef ready.
If anyone has a link to a page about making a fuge out of the middle chamber that would be great!!! Does anyone recomend using filter floss or chemi pure? Also, what lights for the fuge??

SleepsWithFish said:
Was wondering what all I need to do to my biocube to have it reef ready.
If anyone has a link to a page about making a fuge out of the middle chamber that would be great!!! Does anyone recomend using filter floss or chemi pure? Also, what lights for the fuge??

All you have to do to make a fuge out of the 2nd chamber is take out the bioballs, put some live rock and chaetomorpha in there, get a light and you are finished :)

I would recommend both Purigen and ChemiPure Elite.

Fuge lights can just be a few watts. A cheap petco one will be fine :)

Greenturtle said:
All you have to do to make a fuge out of the 2nd chamber is take out the bioballs, put some live rock and chaetomorpha in there, get a light and you are finished :)

I would recommend both Purigen and ChemiPure Elite.

Fuge lights can just be a few watts. A cheap petco one will be fine :)

Awesome thanks!

My biocube setup I knocked out all of the false floors and stripped out all of the sponges. Nitrate farms they are.

intake chamber - fuge , cut tab off for more flow on top.
middle - tunze 9002 skimmer with InTank cup and InTank media basket with purgien, poly floss, and carbon
last, return - RIO6F return pump.

Stripped the paint off the back in a section on first chamber and will be mounting a light. on the outside.

maxst2 said:
My biocube setup I knocked out all of the false floors and stripped out all of the sponges. Nitrate farms they are.

intake chamber - fuge , cut tab off for more flow on top.
middle - tunze 9002 skimmer with InTank cup and InTank media basket with purgien, poly floss, and carbon
last, return - RIO6F return pump.

Stripped the paint off the back in a section on first chamber and will be mounting a light. on the outside.

Cool! What light will you use?

Look for a NanoGlo LED. Magnet goes on the inside while the light on the outside sticks to inside magnet. Think it's rated 7500k which is plenty. I use it on my Bio 14 and the Chaeto couldn't be healthier

Crabs said:
Look for a NanoGlo LED. Magnet goes on the inside while the light on the outside sticks to inside magnet. Think it's rated 7500k which is plenty. I use it on my Bio 14 and the Chaeto couldn't be healthier

Thanks!!!!!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom