Recovering Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eagle_133

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a sick Angel or at least was prior to treatment for an internal parasite. He seems to be fine regarding the illness after the treatment however his appetite doesn't seem to be coming back. He eats hardly anything & I'm concerned as he didn't eat a thing for around 10 days. I've tried pellets, flakes, bloodworm, garlic soaked also.

He is currently in a 15g qt tank and I'm thinking of moving him into a 55g with the others to possibly liven him up or give him more space to bring back his appetite.

What do you guys think as I'm lost as to what to do now? :(

Eagle_133 said:
I have a sick Angel or at least was prior to treatment for an internal parasite. He seems to be fine regarding the illness after the treatment however his appetite doesn't seem to be coming back. He eats hardly anything & I'm concerned as he didn't eat a thing for around 10 days. I've tried pellets, flakes, bloodworm, garlic soaked also.

He is currently in a 15g qt tank and I'm thinking of moving him into a 55g with the others to possibly liven him up or give him more space to bring back his appetite.

What do you guys think as I'm lost as to what to do now? :(

So, he is not showing signs of internal parasites besides his loss of appetite? His poop looks normal and he acts normal?

Yes he doesn't really poop anymore as he hasn't really eaten, he reacts when I go to the tank and isn't hiding & still like he was.

He comes up to the surface like he wants to eat. Looks at the food, sucks it in rarely and blows it back out in disgust. When I put pellets in he reacts and swims swiftly for them then just turns away.

Eagle_133 said:
Yes he doesn't really poop anymore as he hasn't really eaten, he reacts when I go to the tank and isn't hiding & still like he was.

He comes up to the surface like he wants to eat. Looks at the food, sucks it in rarely and blows it back out in disgust. When I put pellets in he reacts and swims swiftly for them then just turns away.

What medication were you dosing before again? I'd order the parasite guard if you can, just pick a faster shipping option if possible

Just to let you know the Angel is back to it's old active self, what a little soldier! :fish1:

Great!!! Ive got a soft spot for fw angels:)

Edit: but stay on top of monitering...mine relapsed fromthe above ^ and died

Congrats!! +1 to gboys comment. Mine did the same (not the death thorough)

I will for sure, it's been all good for just over a week now so fingers crossed it stays that way! ;)

Gboy66 said:
Great!!! Ive got a soft spot for fw angels:)

Edit: but stay on top of monitering...mine relapsed fromthe above ^ and died

Sorry to hear it died :(

Back
Top Bottom