Red devil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stang23456

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 4" red devil in my 90. Can I add another devil same size ?

Straight answer, yes. Logical answer, no. When thy get around 6" one of them will snap (it happens) and the other will die. Full grown the red devil will mark the entire 90g As its tank and not let anything else survive. Maybe some silver dollars

Straight answer, yes. Logical answer, no. When thy get around 6" one of them will snap (it happens) and the other will die. Full grown the red devil will mark the entire 90g As its tank and not let anything else survive. Maybe some silver dollars

Not an expert on new worlds but I'm gonna agree with no. Unless you want a dead rd eventually

Because I know a devil pair will most likely have a better chance of survival than a devil and a terror

Because I know a devil pair will most likely have a better chance of survival than a devil and a terror

Says who? Because neither in my opinion will work. It's been advised time and time again those fish don't work in a small tank(yes a 90g is small for large neotropical cichlids), between aggression and deteriorating water quality it's a time bomb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom