Red Skunk Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikid88

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought 2 Red Skunk Shrimps while I was at LFS, they were limited time and looked cool, so I grabbed some since I haven't seen them before. Now, I'm trying to find care information about them, but can only find Scarlet Skunk shrimps. Some sites say they are the same, but have a picture that doesn't resemble them. I know I know, ask questions first, I just didn't know when the next time I'd get to the store would be, wanted to get them before they were gone.

They are in a 20g long well planted tank with various other shrimp (Red crystal, Green, Yellow, Fire, Black bee)

RedSkunkShrimp01.jpg

This is what mine looks like.
Every site that actually has information about them has pictures of these;

20070201_skunk_cleaner_shrimp.jpg

Are mine still too young to have full colour, and long feelers, or are they a different kind all together?

I don't know anything about shrimp, but I just happened to come across this guy in my random fish-researching today: Caridina gracilirostris

From most photos I've seen, I wouldn't have thought it was the same, but when I saw it here: Algae Eating Freshwater Shrimp (4th from the bottom), I immediately remembered this post.

Hope this helps!

That's the trouble with common names, partcularly when the lfs gets creative. You'll find more info on the species under red nose shrimp.

Yes that's it squidsquiggle! Thanks.

2 days ago, the 1 shrimp shed his skin (or whatever that process is called) and he is now mostly green!? Don't know if this is common since I can't find it on any info site

Back
Top Bottom