Red tailed shark food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diver423

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What kind of food would a red tailed shark like? He is only about 2 inches big right now, he is in the tank by himself right now, I got 2 to begin with but the other one died a couple days after I got them, I'm planning on getting another one soon.

Ours eats the flake food we put in, as well as bloodworms. He goes for the bloodworms before the flakes. Once all that has been consumed, he goes to the bottom with the cory cats and eats their pellets. They are not really finicky when it comes to foods.

I would not get 2 because as they mature they may kill eachother unless your tank is at least 6 feet long. Just stick with the one. And I have a Rainbow Shark which is very similiar and he likes shrimp pellets, algae wafers, and flakes. He also nibbles on cucumbers that I put in for my plecos.

Ours pretty much keeps to himself. We have another "shark" in the tank (Bala), but they ignore each other. I notice the redtail only picks on the Kissing Gouramis that are in the tank.

That's for the help everyone, I'll stick with one shark then haha

They will also eat algae off of decor and glass. Good luck with him!

They will also eat algae off of decor and glass. Good luck with him!

That is what my RTS does...he has been picky since he was brought home....I worried for him for about 1 week......I have had him for 3 weeks + and he reminds me of an algae eater...lol.....he spits out flakes, bloodworms, etc......but he loves eating zucchini, cucumbers, etc....i think he's watching his physique...:ROFLMAO::lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom