Red Vallisneria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have grown corkscrew Val's and regular jungle Val's, and they are beautiful plants. My jungle val grew very well when I had it. (I tore down that tank last year) and it was in low light with no CO2. I now grow corkscrew Val's in my latest planted tank...they are also growing quite well with TONS of runners. Great background plant

I love my Val's! They grow like crazy too! I just didn't want to assume the reds would be so much like the others.

I have red jungle Val and common jungle Val in my 55 gallon. The common Val grows wonderfully. The red Val grows like a beast!!! The setup is low tech and I get and orange tinge from the red jungle vals. The leaf width is very close to and inch plus and length is ridiculous, I've pulled out a 7 to 8 foot red jungle Val where as the common Val grows to about 4 feet with a width of half an inch. I purchased my vals from bamaplants .com at a dollar a plant with seven dollar shipping.

That's cheap! Ill have to check that site out! Thankyou!

You're welcome. He also carries three other vals, one of which is red tiger Val. I have it in my 20 gallon and I love the natural stripes and reddish tint.

Back
Top Bottom