Red veins in tails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teakwood

Aquarium Advice Freak
My albino Cory's are in qt, I noticed red veins running through there tails and small bright red spots near pectoral fins. About 8 months ago we battled a really severe bout of fin rot, so there pectoral fins are not whole. I've been through so much with them and nursed them back from having 0 fins.

My big tank had a small nitrite spike where it was at 1ppm for a few days, ammonia was 0 at that point, I was doing lots of water changes and noticed these guys looking lathargic. And the red veins. The only thing I've found online is it could be septicemia. They have been through so much and I'm just not sure what the most humane thing to do at this point is. They also had red spots where there pectoral fins are growing back in.

Attachments

• image-4231843387.jpg
    image-4231843387.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 72
Teakwood said:
My big tank had a small nitrite spike where it was at 1ppm for a few days, ammonia was 0 at that point, I was doing lots of water changes and noticed these guys looking lathargic. And the red veins. The only thing I've found online is it could be septicemia. They have been through so much and I'm just not sure what the most humane thing to do at this point is. They also had red spots where there pectoral fins are growing back in.

The red is from poor water quality. Something must have happened to make your water spike like that. If you could keep the water extremely clean for a while I don't think there is no need to do anything drastic.

Back
Top Bottom