Reef Maintenance Mdvice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swtric85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, I need some advice on the overwhelming amount of additives and supplements that are available for aquarium maintenance. I am upgrading my 20gal to a 40gal and I want to get it right. I have a couple LPS corals, zoes, an anemone, clowns, and 2 firefish. I do my weekly water changes and add marine stabilizer and coral accelerator by instant ocean. Is there anything else I should be adding or doing different?

Why are you adding those supplements to begin with? I would recommend to just keep up with your water changes and cleaning the glass. Simple but it works. Do you have a skimmer?

I personally use the Red Sea 7 bottle supplement package. Works great. I'm not a fan of the instant ocean product line.

Why are you adding those supplements to begin with? I would recommend to just keep up with your water changes and cleaning the glass. Simple but it works. Do you have a skimmer?

When I started the tank a couple years ago someone recommend those products. I only have a surface skimmer, but I'm planning on putting a sump in with the 40gal so I'll get one.

Back
Top Bottom