Regal Tang Precautionary Actions and Food Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a Regal Tang today and am aware of them being ich-prone and also developing HLLE. I am drip acclimating her right now to the QT, but I was wondering if there were any precautionary actions I could take to try and keep her as healthy and parasite-free as possible. I read something about a grounding probe... what exactly is this, and is it necessary? Also, other than green marine seaweed, what other types of food would the tang like? Bloodworms? Prime Reef? Should this food be soaked in garlic? What about Selcon? I am not sure what this is, but I saw it in another post.

TIA everyone! :D

they are more carnivoris than other tangs but in my experiance they do need there fair share of algea to graze on. i like ocean nutrion formula 2 pellets they are pre soaked in garlic, also the nori sheets are good stuff if there enriched with vitamins, and garlic.

JC

I bought some of the seaweed for her. I was just looking up Selcon - looks like it would be good to soak the seaweed in... I am just so worried about her getting ich or some other illness!

Foods will not prevent ich. Proper feeding will boost the immune system of the fish allowing it to fight off the infestation a little better. Proper foods will definately stave of HLLE and other ailments though. You've got the fish in a QT, that's the best prevention you can use :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom