Regular Zebra Danios & GloFish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ragin1cajun

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a quick question... I have 6 of the Zebra Danio variety of Glofish. I was thinking of buying a regular Zebra Danio when I bought the last 3 Glofish. However, the lady at Petco said the regular Zebra Danio would not school with the Glofish. And since I didn't have any other information to go on I passed on the Zebra Danio and just got another Glofish.

My logic says they are all Zebra Danios so they would school together just fine and wouldnt require 5-6 of each. However, since my logic has been wrong a couple of times with this hobby in the last month I thought I would ask.

Will they school together or are they that much different that they wouldn't?

I have a quick question... I have 6 of the Zebra Danio variety of Glofish. I was thinking of buying a regular Zebra Danio when I bought the last 3 Glofish. However, the lady at Petco said the regular Zebra Danio would not school with the Glofish. And since I didn't have any other information to go on I passed on the Zebra Danio and just got another Glofish.

My logic says they are all Zebra Danios so they would school together just fine and wouldnt require 5-6 of each. However, since my logic has been wrong a couple of times with this hobby in the last month I thought I would ask.

Will they school together or are they that much different that they wouldn't?

Fish have different personalities so no one can say for sure if they would or wouldn't but I believe they would, though the color difference may prove me wrong. All my tetras(neons cardinals and glow lights) school together and all my loaches(clowns angelicus and striata) shoal together so in my experience colors don't mean much as far as grouping goes.

They will school, They don't know they are a different color. I had both in the same tank, and they chased and hung out.

Thanks for the replies.. It didnt sound right to me! Especially since if that logic were true then I would need 5-6 of each color of Glofish.

I will be buying all other fish from LFS, but have to go to Petco or Petsmart for Glofish since my kids wanted those. I have gotten much better advice from LFS.

David

Back
Top Bottom