Relocating Anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robcurry12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Quick question. I currently have a thriving Anubias plant that has some roots firmly grasped on this one decoration in my aquarium. I've tried to pull it off gently for fear of damaging the plant but it is really on their strong. I want to remove this decoration and add a cave in its place but I don't want to damage the Anubias and possibly kill it. It's a beautiful plant that I've had for at least 3 years. Is it okay if I rip the plant off the ornament (and consequently rip off some roots) without it killing or severely damaging the plant? Thanks again in advance!

Quick question. I currently have a thriving Anubias plant that has some roots firmly grasped on this one decoration in my aquarium. I've tried to pull it off gently for fear of damaging the plant but it is really on their strong. I want to remove this decoration and add a cave in its place but I don't want to damage the Anubias and possibly kill it. It's a beautiful plant that I've had for at least 3 years. Is it okay if I rip the plant off the ornament (and consequently rip off some roots) without it killing or severely damaging the plant? Thanks again in advance!

Ya, you wouldn't do much(if any) harm to it, if you rip the roots off, it's kinda the only way to go about it to be honest.

From what I gather it shouldn't do it no harm ripping a few roots I think it's more the rhizome you need to be more careful of but not 100% on this I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong but as long as there's a good few roots and rhizome attached to the plant you should be fine

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree with what's been said above. Just don't hurt the rhizome. If you're wanting to put a cave in it's place, why not just move the whole decoration with the plant on it to another spot? Wouldn't have to risk damaging the plant too bad.

Thank you everyone for your help! I'm glad it's such a hardy plant!

And I would like to just move the whole decoration but I want to get rid of it completely and add the cave so my fish have more places to hide :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I recently removed so well attached anubias from some drift wood and the plants are doing good. I just broke the roots.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

To my understanding the roots are mostly just anchors

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom