Rena XP2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bry1105

Aquarium Advice Regular
The Rena XP2 pumps 300 gph which is perfect for my 45 gallon bowfront, but it only has 2 media baskets. I'd really like 3 for foam, carbon, and ceramic rings. How would you go about using only 2 baskets?

I wouldnt use carbon either. I would use the rings in the first drawer and polyfill in the other. If you need to use the carbon you could place it under the polyfill. You would use less polyfill, but it shouldnt matter that much for as long as the carbon would be in the filter.

Here's how I've set up XP2 filters from bottom basket to top.
Use filter pads and/or foam pads in the bottom basket, fill the top basket with ceramic rings, bio stars, or seachem matrix with an optional filter pad or fine filter pad on top.
Theres really no need for carbon but if you want to have some type of chemical filtration then may I suggest Seachem's Purigen the initial cost is a little more expensive than carbon but youll save $ in the long run because its rechargeable and reusable.
You can fill the top basket half way with rings, stars, or matrix then place the bag of purigen on top with an optional filter pad.

Back
Top Bottom