Replacing Trim in a Miracles Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Muscle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm waiting on a brand new 112G tank from Miracles Aquarium. I was told it was ready, so I decided to check out the aquarium before it gets delivered (I live not too far from Miracles).

Unfortunately, they applied the wrong color background to the tank. To fix this they will have to remove the existing trim on the tank since the background goes under the trim. Apparently they already did this once on my tank since they forgot to apply the background when they first build the tank. So this would be the second time they are replacing the trim.

My main concern with this is that the silicone might get damaged and I might end up with a leak down the road. But I've never actually removed trim on a tank before, so I'm not sure how valid of a concern that is. The factory foreman that will be doing the work (very nice guy) says it's not a big deal and there's nothing to worry about. But I also know that they only have to worry about a warranty claim that will cost them a few hundred dollars, while I have to worry about a damaged living room if the tank ever leaked.

Looking for options on this situation, especially if anyone has actually every dealt with replacing tank trim before.

Thanks,
Harry

I have replaced a few trims in my day.
Not on a custom tank but average aqueon/perfecto/odell(remember when...)
The trims/frame can be replaced without effecting the integrity of the glass to glass seal IMO.
I can't even say for sure the trims aren't added after the glass has been sealed and cured.
I would look for a couple bucks back if you are really worried.
You are correct in thinking they only need to worry till end of warranty which doesn't cover much agreed!
I don't think the work they are doing should have any effect on tank seal.
Hope this helps ease your mind Harry.

Something is if the tank is going in the living room and is not sitting on concrete I have heard that home owners insurance won't cover the damage if the tank does leak. With all the money you have invested I would call your insurance and see if you can add something to cover things if the tank leaks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom