restocking a 29g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samycee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, well a quick stocking history of my tank:
I have a 29g tank, and currently I have 4 emerald catfish (brochis splendens), 2 albino corydoras, and 4 pearl danios. I used to have a betta in there but I took it out because the danios pestered it. I also used to have more pearls and albino corys but i had a round of deaths awhile back.
I had ordered celestial pearl danios through PetsPlus and received pearl danios instead. Where celestial pearls are tiny, shy fish that are good in warmer water, the pearls are cool water fish, have gotten nearly 3in long, and are really busy.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what to do from here, if I should re-home the pearls and albinos. I like the albinos, but I'm not sure a 29g can handle two full schools of cory species. As for the pearls, they seem to be doing fine but I keep the water temperature at 72 which isn't ideal for them from all the species sheets I've read.
I like the emeralds, I'd like a full school of them, but I'm not sure how many a 29g can handle. What species would do well in a 29g with a full school of emeralds?

Harlequin rasboras
Or cherry barbs

Marble hatchets
Or guppies

Gourami
Or pair of dwarf cichlids

Back
Top Bottom