revamping my biorb life 8g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenatron

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi everyone, you may have seen my fiancé's post about me spray-painting my tank.
i've heard that some folk on here don't like biorbs, and apparently some aren't familiar with the biorb life, so i've attached a picture.
mine is indeed the black one, and i was considering spray-painting the outside a glossy white. i was then going to put some simple, elegant decals on the back, and possibly the sides.
i have a black pebble sculpture that wraps around the bubble tube, and black "feng shui" pebbles that lay on top of the rocks. (my tank looks almost exactly like the picture, except that mine has the fore-mentioned pebble sculpture.)
so now i'm wondering what to do with the rest. i'm tired of the generic green plants i have and want to do something new.
i'm a girly girl, so i am partial to the color pink so i suppose that's something to keep in mind.
i'm up for whatever, possibly taking out the pebble sculpture.

so, any suggestions on how to decorate?
or possibly new fish?

thanks everyone. :)
and sorry if this isn't the right forum to post it in, it seemed to fit best here..

Attachments

• biOrb-Life-30-Aquarium.jpg
    biOrb-Life-30-Aquarium.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 116
It looks great in black, don't mess with it!

PS. It's only 30 litres, so I hope you are keeping your stocking aspirations low!

I think peoples main problems with the other biorbs is that they are round and small, and hence not great for fish.

Personally I think that for the £200 your version costs here (about $300US) you could get a good quality 200 litre (52 gallon) tank complete with filter, heater and lighting.

i know that it's a complete rip-off. but i'm a girl, aspiring to be a designer. i think you can see why i'd be swayed.

and yes, i know i'm very limited on fish. i'm not exactly new, i just want to re-do my tank.

i don't particularly like the black because it is a little masculine. but i suppose since the thought of spraying it is making me so nervous i might just stick to decals and decorations.

EDIT: i also forgot to mention that when we move to an apartment, some places only allow a certain number of gallons in a unit. so with iDreamInSaltwater's (my finance's) tanks (7 total), and mine (i have 2, well 3 since 1 isn't being used) we have to be conservative. and i don't mind.

That's not a bad fish tank if it allows good gas exchange. It's the little round tanks that aren't so good.

If the tank is empty, mask off the clear panes, scuff the black with some fine steel wool and go to town with some Krylon Fusion.

If you don't like the natural look, there are pink plastic plants available. Some even glow in the dark. It's not for everyone, but in that tank, it might be neat.

Stocking is going to be your biggest challenge. You'll be limited to small fish that don't make a lot of mess. Look at small tetras or rasboras. Harlequin rasboras or white clouds would probably go best with a pink, black, and white tank.

Back
Top Bottom