Wanted: Riccia Fluitans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. I'm looking for some crystal wort (riccia fluitans) if anyone has any please let me know! I want to grow it on my rocks.

I just got some today but it needs to grow a little before I can sell it

Sounds good to me! Let me know when you get some ready to sell!

I would like to get some as soon as I can. Does anyone have any ready to sell? if not where can I find some? My LFS doesn't carry it or can get it :/

I can ship you some now, it's just that I would prefer to let it grow first. I might have to ship a smaller portion, though.

maxwellag said:
I can ship you some now, it's just that I would prefer to let it grow first. I might have to ship a smaller portion, though.

It's all good. No worries. I was just going to see if anyone else had some ready to be sold. How fast is yours growing? I hear it is a fast grower :p

pleechford said:
It's all good. No worries. I was just going to see if anyone else had some ready to be sold. How fast is yours growing? I hear it is a fast grower :p

It is pretty fast. I started with about a 3x3 inch square, and now it is about 4.5x4.5 after about a week.

maxwellag said:
It is pretty fast. I started with about a 3x3 inch square, and now it is about 4.5x4.5 after about a week.

Wow! That's great!!! Are you just floating it?

Oh nice! I want to get some to tie to some rocks or possibly make a carpet out of it.

pleechford said:
Oh nice! I want to get some to tie to some rocks or possibly make a carpet out of it.

It is hard to bury in sand, but tying it down would be way easier.. It looks like a lot more than it is, because it is spread out. Here's a picture:

Back
Top Bottom