Rili orange shrimp opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever had these little guys? If anyone could shed some light on theses beautiful shrimp I would love to learn!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What kind of information are you looking for? I keep red rili and carbon rili.

What kind of information are you looking for? I keep red rili and carbon rili.

Well on alpha pro breeder's website they said the care is the same as cherry shrimp and that's what most people start out with so I figured I could start with those too...am I wrong? I want something colorful and different and cherries are really mainstream and everyone has them lol.

Definitely the same care requirements. Cherries are so popular and I think because of that they're overbred making them a bit less hardy than other neos. Just my opinion though!

Do you like your rilis? I am so lost. Everyone seems to have a different idea of how to care for shrimp... I mean they aren't way off each time but a lot of things are different from site to site on google. ona side note is a mineral test kit really necessary?

Do you like your rilis? I am so lost. Everyone seems to have a different idea of how to care for shrimp... I mean they aren't way off each time but a lot of things are different from site to site on google. ona side note is a mineral test kit really necessary?

I like them a lot, great color! Neos are rather straightforward. I keep shrimp in 7 tanks. My shrimp-only tanks have the following: sponge filter, alder cones, indian almond leaves, cholla wood, and plants (shrimp seem to really like floating plants!). I personally don't use a mineral test kit.

I'm gonna be brave and try it....but not with $129 ones lol...

Are there any products I need to buy before I dive in? My water quality is excellent and I have an HOB filter with a sponge over the intake, a mature tank, tons of plants, glass food dish, shrimp net and various foods from past species I've had (hikari algae wafers, hikari freeze dried brine shrimp, betta pellets, freeze dried bloodworms and koi/goldfish food). I'm so afraid that I will lose all my shrimp :( I want to get everything I could possibly need to be a good shrimp mommy.

I'm gonna be brave and try it....but not with $129 ones lol...

Are there any products I need to buy before I dive in? My water quality is excellent and I have an HOB filter with a sponge over the intake, a mature tank, tons of plants, glass food dish, shrimp net and various foods from past species I've had (hikari algae wafers, hikari freeze dried brine shrimp, betta pellets, freeze dried bloodworms and koi/goldfish food). I'm so afraid that I will lose all my shrimp :( I want to get everything I could possibly need to be a good shrimp mommy.

Are you ordering from Alpha Pro Breeders? I don't blame you, I certainly wouldn't spend that much on shrimp!

Sounds like you have everything you need. What size is the tank?

It's ten gallons. Yes I think I will end up ordering from alpha pro. I am extremely busy at the moment so it may not happen right away. But at least I've got everything together.

Back
Top Bottom