RO/DI Fittings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freshnoob1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ey guys I just got my RO/DI unit last night, and i was wondering about those mur lok fittings. They have those little clips that the hose slides into, but as soon as the little metal tongues on the inside grab the hose, there's no way of getting hose out without the use of a razor blade.

Im guessing that these fittings are meant to be prety permanent?

Is there a safe way to remove the hose from the fitting if the little clips are being used?

Pretty sure you can pry the disk closest to the entrance back and that releases the tube
Supra

I read somewhere that it's meant to be placed in between the preliminary stages and the RO membrane.

Is that how yours is set up?

It's hooked up after the second carbon and before the horizontal filter. If that makes sense? I have the 5 stage so I have 2 carbons. After re-reading your post, yes that is how it's hooked up. The red line goes into a y-fitting with the other two one going ro one going gauge. The single side of the y fitting is the red going to ro, if that makes sense

Right now i do, but my dad said he keeps the water pressure low to keep costs down so it looks like i probably wont't have to get a booster pump afterall :D i was so mad before he told me that, booster pumps are a pretty penny...

Back
Top Bottom