Rock ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

626Ben

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anybody tell me what kind of rock these are?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393530425.655556.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393530425.655556.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 103
I want to know if it's fiji, tonga, pukani etc.. I hope it's not base rock although I got 60 pounds of it for free.

Base rock is just live rock that isn't "alive" anymore. It originally came from somewhere but was left out of water over time and became base rock. I'm sticking with it originally came from Fiji but there is no way to be 100% sure.

Base rock is just live rock that isn't "alive" anymore. It originally came from somewhere but was left out of water over time and became base rock. I'm sticking with it originally came from Fiji but there is no way to be 100% sure.

So does that mean It will never become live again if I cycle it?

So does that mean It will never become live again if I cycle it?

No it will just add a small piece of live rock and it will seed the dead rock and over time the rock you got will become live again

No it will just add a small piece of live rock and it will seed the dead rock and over time the rock you got will become live again

So your saying I should buy a piece of live rock and put it in with my dead rock when I setup my tank to start the cycle?

Yes just a small one though. That will give you coralline and pods and other little critters. Plus all the bacteria

Back
Top Bottom