RODI test not 0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choupic

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a ro/di unit with a tank and had it set up over a month. The tds shows the tap water is 360 and water out of the ro/di is 110. It hasn't lowered from that.

Ideally you want it closer to 0 but considering the high level of your tap it is going to be hard for any ro/di to get there. As long as you have 0 no3/po4 and change your filters I wouldn’t worry about it. I assume you have run 30+ gal through your ro/di and still have these same results.

something is not set up right IMO, Mine runs around 200-250 and I get it to 0 on the ro/di and I am even getting a 3 out of the membrane right now.
My buddy has a 700 for tap and he even gets it down to 0 on the TDS. I would look to make sure its hooked up right and it is possible the membrane is not working right. I have heard of bad membranes before. passing through a working membrand should get it down to atleast a 30-40 if working right.. JMO..
Have you tried the TDS meter with distilled water to make sure the meter is working right? It may need to be calibrated..
What ro/di unit is it??

It shows 0 in distilled water I bought distilled water from walmart to fill my tank.Next step is to try a new membrane.

Back
Top Bottom