Rolance's first two plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is my first two plants, java fern and anubia. I have not yet got to buy the seachem flourish comprehensive and excel because they did not have it at petco. How long can these plants last without ferts? And I think my LEDs on this fluval View are strong enough to keep them growing. I hope. I tied the fern to my driftwood to keep the roots actually out of the gravel. How do they look? (I'm currently dealing with cloudy water though)

Attachments

• image-3604667225.jpg
    image-3604667225.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 56
Here is my first two plants, java fern and anubia. I have not yet got to buy the seachem flourish comprehensive and excel because they did not have it at petco. How long can these plants last without ferts? And I think my LEDs on this fluval View are strong enough to keep them growing. I hope. I tied the fern to my driftwood to keep the roots actually out of the gravel. How do they look? (I'm currently dealing with cloudy water though)

They both don't need ferts.

I thought all plants need ferts?? They will grow and stay alive just from the light of my tank and the nutrients already in my tank? how long you think they will last?

haha well good im glad I had the advice from here to get these two for my little 5 gallon. Will they grow taller or just stay about like they are? This is without using Co2 or fertilizer.

haha well good im glad I had the advice from here to get these two for my little 5 gallon. Will they grow taller or just stay about like they are? This is without using Co2 or fertilizer.

Same height. They'll just get more leaves across the rhizome. I suggest having the anubias rhizome above the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom