Root Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
My amazon swords haven't really been showing much sign of growth at all. I have them planted in eco complete but should i really have root tabs as well? i thought the eco complete would be enough but it doesn't seem like its done much of anything

Eventually eco-complete and other substrate soils run out of nutrients available. At this time you generally have to supply fertilizers of some sort to the tank.

What are your lights?
What is the photoperiod?
These answers will also help us establish why you don't have very good growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Eco complete absorbs the nutrients that YOU provide. In essence, you add a root tab and it helps hold in the nutrients for the plant to feed on longer.

I run my Amazon sword with root tabs and Eco complete.

Caleb

Eventually eco-complete and other substrate soils run out of nutrients available. At this time you generally have to supply fertilizers of some sort to the tank.

What are your lights?
What is the photoperiod?
These answers will also help us establish why you don't have very good growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm running a 17 watt T8 light for my 30g for about 12 hours a day

Eco complete absorbs the nutrients that YOU provide. In essence, you add a root tab and it helps hold in the nutrients for the plant to feed on longer.

I run my Amazon sword with root tabs and Eco complete.

Caleb

Good to know. I wasn't sure if Eco complete already came with the nutrients needed. I also wasn't sure if they were just suffering from melting. I'll look into root tabs. Do you recommend a specific kind?

Good to know. I wasn't sure if Eco complete already came with the nutrients needed. I also wasn't sure if they were just suffering from melting. I'll look into root tabs. Do you recommend a specific kind?

Seachem root tabs are good I used them for a while.

I'm experimenting with Mebbids DIY root tabs now. There's a thread on here all about them if you search for it

Caleb

Check out Peabody's Paradise,they have excellent root tabs on the cheap! Those are the only tabs I use now(reccomended by Brookster)..

sit in silence...

Thanks for the help guys I was wondering why I wasn't getting any growth -_- at first I just thought it was melting because the plants are not even 2 weeks in the tank

Same I was getting 4-5 leaves to my ludwigia a week now so it's defintely getting better but my sword is still tattered and slowly healing. I've heard good reviews about mebbids root tabs. Will try to make some. Btw is ludwigia a root feeder like swords or mainly a leaf feeder like anubias?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Same I was getting 4-5 leaves to my ludwigia a week now so it's defintely getting better but my sword is still tattered and slowly healing. I've heard good reviews about mebbids root tabs. Will try to make some. Btw is ludwigia a root feeder like swords or mainly a leaf feeder like anubias?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Ludwigia is a water column feeder

Back
Top Bottom