Root tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What root tabs are safe for RCS? The reason I am asking is I like to plant a crypt in my shrimp tank and them being root feeders I like to use a root tab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I cannot think of any root tab or pellet that would be harmful for RCS.
Crypts are a nice choice for shrimp tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay I red that some can have copper that's why I asked

If they do its in trace quantities. The ferts I use in my shrimp tank contains minute amounts of copper.
Even fish and shrimp food contain some amount of copper. For instance, Hikari Shrimp Cuisine lists copper sulphate as one of the ingredients on the back of the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+1 quite true, all of it. Make sure to bury it under the plant as best you can, there won't really be leakage into the water column.

e48f25c1c0b856571e1d4f5ad38b10fe.jpg

I love Crypts. I have them in all my tanks. I use DIY Osmocote + root tabs. Even my CRS were fine with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e48f25c1c0b856571e1d4f5ad38b10fe.jpg

I love Crypts. I have them in all my tanks. I use DIY Osmocote + root tabs. Even my CRS were fine with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the ones I have the DIY osmocote+ ones. So excited these will be my first real shrimp. I have ghost but they are not picky as RCS and the other colored shrimp. Thank you all

Back
Top Bottom