Roots coming up???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've got Eco complete in my 90g I don't think it's been long enough to compact and I'm thinking the plants might not be planted deep enough the pick I'm showing is of some hygro compacta but I have some crypts that do it to. So if you know what's up or have any ideas or pointers let me know...
img_2250177_0_056ec30dc1c65dc3f32b60c7b6a18c72.jpg

img_2250177_1_76ae7f699a5441e4b082627bab19cb26.jpg

I have the exact some problem with my crypts, I have a dirted substrate capped with eco-complete

I've had my big swords do that before and what I did was push the roots back under the substrate and even added some additional substrate over the area as well if I thought it needed it.

greetings.

last time i checked, roots growing up from the ground is a sign of nutrient deficiency.

greetings.

last time i checked, roots growing up from the ground is a sign of nutrient deficiency.

That's interesting, I've never heard that before so if you have any links with information I'd love to read them. Always open to learn new things.

I have the exact some problem with my crypts, I have a dirted substrate capped with eco-complete

I too have a dirted tank with Eco cap but still use root tabs especially around my large swords and crypts. You could try putting root tabs around the plants after burying the roots. My swords finally stopped doing that after about 5 months and I always gave them root tabs so all you can do is try and see if that remedies the problem.

That's interesting, I've never heard that before so if you have any links with information I'd love to read them. Always open to learn new things.

"with aquatic plants is also possible that the roots will start to stick out of the bottom layer in the plant's search for phosphorus, reducing the effort of leaf formation and instead develop roots"

source: Næringsmangel hos Akvarieplanter

Back
Top Bottom