roots growing everywhere.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adacaro

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 72 gal. tank is growing brownish roots all over the live rock,wired looking thing. Then this thing grows into a sponge. They are even on my corals.HOW CAN I GET RID OF THEN....... :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :(

can you provide us with a picture? That would be helpful to know what your refering too? Sounds like an algea problem but without pictures we may not be able to help!

I know what you're talking about but I was never able to get a good enough pic for someone to identify. Is this a fairly new tank? It eventually just went away for me.

adacaro said:
they are like tree roots growing all over, and they are like sponge.

If it looks like a sponge, it normally is. There are branching root type sponges, I had them in my seahorse tank and the lfs I go to has two tanks they keep the lights off on to propagate them. Not sure why except that sponges are great filters.
Anyway, they seem to love low light/high nutrient areas. Mine went away on it's own, yours may as well or you may want to cut them out if they get to invasive.

Back
Top Bottom