rose bubble tip anemone problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamroz37

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just went to to lfs and bought an bubble tip anemone i then tried to feed it and upon it opening up it looks like it was split by where the mouth is or something idk if the store did it because they said they just bought them at the local swap meet so im curious to if it will survive here a pic

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 91
i just got a green bubble tip anemone and its mouth wont close :(

i turned off 1 powerhead maybe it doesnt like its spot

no i mean it looks like it was ether cut or split it self so it doesn even look like it has a mouth

This anemone could have been recently fragged. They are cutting them in half now instead of waiting for them to split. It takes a little time for it to heal up. I wouldn't call it doomed, just yet.

The green bubble tip with the mouth that won't close is another issue. Parameters.

so how is it supposed to eat its food then? how long will it take to heal?

They are photosynthetic and do not need to be fed. I am not sure exactly how long it takes for them to heal, but it's not too long.

ok thanks i was wondering because the lfs store said it eat krill, silversides and etc so i wasnt to sure

ill take a pic of mine later but im not sure its even a gbta any more, it looks a lot different than on google, it has a thick round base body, and its circular with tips only around the circle part, and the mouth in the middle has no tentacles

basically looks like a flower..but really cool :)

i just went to to lfs and bought an bubble tip anemone i then tried to feed it and upon it opening up it looks like it was split by where the mouth is or something idk if the store did it because they said they just bought them at the local swap meet so im curious to if it will survive here a pic
That's just the camera, right? Your water isn't that cloudy is it?

ill take a pic of mine later but im not sure its even a gbta any more, it looks a lot different than on google, it has a thick round base body, and its circular with tips only around the circle part, and the mouth in the middle has no tentacles

basically looks like a flower..but really cool :)
No matter which anemone, a gaping mouth is not a good sign.

yeah i am worried but he moved a lot right now he is wedging himself into a rock. When he fell down a few rocks he closed up tightly, than started moving between two rocks. It is spreading and released the shell/lr he came on, but hes attacking to 2 separate rocks so its weird

i still only have 1 powerhead on, so im just being careful till he fully attaches

It's not a matter of getting it to attach. Once it attaches, and then you turn the power head back on, it may let go because it doesn't like that spot any more. I would start the power head. If it bounces all around the tank and never attaches, it does not like your tank! Correct the out of whack parameter and then it will find it's happy place.

Back
Top Bottom