Rough sketch of my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeraljay

Aquarium Advice Regular
What are your thoughts? I drew it up on my lunch break. Mind you this is my first SW tank. Be gentle. I havent figured out the layout of my sump yet as you will see.

I had to change the file type it was too big

Attachments

• rough_sketch_plumbing.jpg
    rough_sketch_plumbing.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 100
the only problem I have is, hieght. I dont have a lot of vertical space, that is why I chose a two sump system. I know it would take some tweakig but I am goin to have ball valves everywhere for fine tunning

I want to use spa type return nozzels for my returns, they have a adjustable head and would be perfect , has anyone ever used a nozzle like this?

what size tank??

i assume ur tank is predrilled for this?
also you will need to get a good size return pump....
one though....since you will have 2 sumps...why not get 2 return pumps
that will make it abit easier to tune and gives you a fail safe incase one pump gets cloged
is the PS going to have its own pump? i assume that as well :)
good luck
iwent through a few diagrams before i go one that worked and still lookin to improve :)

Jeraljay said:
the only problem I have is, hieght. I dont have a lot of vertical space, that is why I chose a two sump system. I know it would take some tweakig but I am goin to have ball valves everywhere for fine tunning

I want to use spa type return nozzels for my returns, they have a adjustable head and would be perfect , has anyone ever used a nozzle like this?

putting the sump and fuge together will do nothing to the height.... its all horizontal room...

then you would be more efficent with the one pump design....

my tank is 80 g. I plan to use a old low hp pool pump, my friend who is still in the pool industry has a ton. They have more flow and hp then I will know what to do with. I willtry and draw up a single sump diagram. Thanks
Jeff

also most pool pumps have to be primed and itf they losse that prime then your screwed...not trying to discourage you but something to research

how would Any other extenal type pump be any different form a fountain or low hp pool pump? Do you know have priming issues with other aquarium pumps?

okay heres a diagram of what im building. Note the bio balls are supose to just repersent media. and yes its noises but the water will be well oxygenated. i used 1/8 to divide everything. dont have a return pump but im getting a rio 2100+. my hands are still peeling form selant.

Back
Top Bottom