Royal Gramma, Nest Builder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've noticed over the past months that my royal gramma seems like its building, it goes into one area and is either breaking up the rock or moving the sand around it, its actually where two rocks come together. I thought maybe it was clearing out where it sleeps, but it tends to sleep on the other side of the tank behind a couple different rocks. Today I saw the oddest thing, it reminded me of a sparrow gathering twigs for a nest. It swam across the tank with a piece of macro-algae in its mouth, then tucked it in the same area mentioned above. Unfortunately I couldn't grab my video camera quick enough. Gotta love fish watching!

yeah, this one is actually an invasive kind that made it via live rock (I purchased a sea hare to take care of it in the other DT, and it seems to be doing the job), but I often put excess from my sump into my DTs for food. For example my collector urchin LOVES chaeto.

ah ok. ya i normally just keep it in my sump, grows too much in my main.

but i dont have anything that would take "care' of it in my DT

I have a royal gamma, and honestly he doesnt do anything but look pretty. He doesnt have much personality at all :(

still nice to look at though

but he is not building any nests in my tank, wish he was lol

Back
Top Bottom