royal gramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

appaloosa1224

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to this whole saltwater aquarium thing. I accidently brought home a shell from the beach and when my dad was washing the shells he discovered one walking down the driveway. Being the kind of person I am I couldn't let the crab die so I ran to the pet store and started him a tank that night. He lived in a tiny tank for a month and then I took my dads 15 gallon tank. Now its been running for about 2 1/2 months and has hermits snails and a clown with live rock. I just bought a royal gramma. He seems to be lathargic(sp?) but he was fine at the aquarium store. He tends to hang around the top and lean on his side a bit. Is it normal for these fish to be like this at first? :?:

No that is not normal. What are your water parameter? SPG, PH, ammonia, nitrite? How did you acclimate him? It would be more normal for that fish to go and hide in the rock when first introduced.

15 gallons is both not enough room for one (you should have twice this amount) and due to the small size, makes it easy for levels to fluctuate, causing stress in a fish - especially a new one.

Back
Top Bottom