ruby red badis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MatthewM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok quick question I have a small ten gallon tank currently stocked with 3 black mollies 3 black skirt tetras and 2 zebra danios! I started this tank very recently and realize now its not big enough for these fish so in the next few months I intend to upgrade them 27g tank with a few other small fish! However I was wondering what you guys think about planting the 10g and then stocking it with ruby red badis and possibly some snails or small shrimp?? Could this work in my rather small tank and if so how many would be a good stock number??

Badis are small enough for a 10, but they're notorious for demanding live food, maybe frozen if you're lucky. Some of the tiny rasbora or danio species would also go well in a planted 10 w/shrimp.

I had read on several sites that they were picky eaters and needed a species only tank for the most part! That why I do want to keep a small amount in a small tank! If fed correctly could they live well with snails or shrimp in a well planted tank?? And if so what would be good stock numbers???

A pair or 1 male with 2-3 females, definotely not more than 1 male though, and plenty of cover for each fish. They will most likely eat shrimp, at least the baby ones and maybe adults as well. For that matter, just about any fish other than BN pleco's are likely to eat shrimp. They're just not in a good place on the food chain...

Back
Top Bottom