Safe to add more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevoPast

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, first post on the site, but certainly not first time here! Retro-thanks for the advice that helped me set up my tank!

In any case, I currently have a 4ft 55g set up, fully cycled and healthy, all water test results are perfect (except for local water is decently hard, and mildly acidic) and the fish are all healthy. For the list of my fish, see below. I'm running a 200gph canister filter and a 150gph powerhead for current.

I wanted to add another 6 danios (another 3 gold and 3 pink) and potentially a few more neons to give them a bigger school. There seems to be plenty of space for all of the fish, and the danios tend to stick to the surface while the rest of my fish are middle/bottom swimmers.

Figure it would be OK for both bioload and elbow (fin?) room?

*EDIT*

I have:
9 Neon Tetras
5 Serpae Tetras
5 Rasbora Scissor Tails
5 Java Loaches
6 Danios (3 Gold, 3 Pink)
3 Rosy Reds
1 CAE
1 Pleco

Thanks! :fish2:

Last edited:
I'm not seeing your stock list but 6 danios are barely going to make a dent in the bio load of a 55g. It shouldn't be an issue to add them

Woops, signature isn't showing up for me. Edited original post!

I think it would be fine to add in the danios. I would seriously reconsider the chinese algae eater. I do believe those are the most hated fish in aquariums, and for a good reason.

The CAE is being cool for now. Him and the pleco squabble from time to time over a cucumber/particularly comfy rock, but he generally keeps to himself. Other than the loaches, who he shacks up with during the day, he ignores all the other tankmates. I do keep my eye on him though. I've read that they're generally peaceful as long as they're well fed. He likes cucumbers and shrimp pellets haha.

Well, as long as he decides not to be a jerk. But apparently once they get a taste for fish it is impossible to make them stop. Apparently plecos can do the same thing although I've never seen it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom